Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School!

On Monday, Kaleb started going to a Mother's Day Out program at a nearby private Christian school. He goes 2 days a week for about 6 hours...and so far he LOVES LOVES LOVES it. I was so surprised at his enthusiasm and confidence on the first day, and no, I didn't cry when he walked into the classroom (and away from me) without hesitation. I actually did a little dance. :) Just kidding -- wouldn't want to embarrass him on his first day. LOL So now 2 days a week I only have one kid. It's kind of weird but I'm sure it'll soon just be normal. If we all love this school as much as I think we will, we'll probably enroll Colt for the spring semester (assuming the wait-list isn't miles long) and then keep the boys there for preschool when the time arrives.


He picked out this Chuggington backpack (and matching lunchbox) all by himself, and I was so surprised (and happy) that he did NOT pick out the Cars 2 bags. The boy is obsessed.

Oh, and of course, Grandma made him the coolest nap mat. It matches his satin and minky blankie, which he isn't taking to MDO, in hopes that he'll feel comforted if he needs it. The boy basically has the Cadillac of nap mats. (And given who his mother is, no one should be too surprised. lol)



No comments: