Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Post by Kaleb

Hi. This is Kaleb.
2 weeks ago I went to stay at my Nanny and Grampy's house so my mom could get some good rest on the couch. Apparently I am a lot to handle (and also, she gained a lot of weight so I think that had something to do with her "condition"). Anyway, all I know is that I was playing and having a great time--Aunt Lauren was teaching me to skip, and Grampy was teaching me to jump--when all of a sudden, we had to go to a hospital. I've been told that I spent a few weeks in a hospital but still have no idea what one is. I was also confused because it was definitely my bed time when Nanny and Aunt Lauren loaded me up in the car.

When we got to the hospital, we walked through a lot of hallways and ended up in a room....and Mommy was there! She wasn't at home on the couch where she was supposed to be! Bad Mommy! My first thought was that she must be at some sort of weight-loss camp because her tummy was not nearly as big (and her belly button was not nearly as fun to poke), but then everyone kept telling me that I was now a "big brother". A WHAT? Eventually, Daddy showed up, and started telling us about my "little brother". WAIT, WHAT? Daddy took Nanny and Aunt Lauren to go see this thing, and then eventually Nanny took me back to my house. It was the weirdest night of my life.

The next day, Nanny took me back to see Mommy and Daddy, and when I walked into their room, my whole life changed. There was this little, pink-ish, and grunting thing in Daddy's arms. Did we get another puppy? No? Well then this must be the "little brother" they mentioned last night...whatever that is. They say his name is Colton. He's pretty tiny, and I like to point at him. I'm not allowed to head-butt him, which is my main form of affection these days so that's gonna be tough. I'm also not allowed kiss him on the face if my nose is runny. Oh, and I have to be gentle ALL of the time when I'm around him and share with him. So far, he's only taken my baby furniture, which is cool because I'm a big boy now. I do like to share my matchbox cars with him, but he doesn't really know what to do with them. I also tried sharing my blanket, but Mommy freaked out and said it was "germy" and "stinky" so not to put it in his bed. Well I've got news for Mommy: Colton is stinky sometimes, too. Anyway, he's a cool brother. He just sleeps and eats, which means I get all of the playtime. (I've been told that this will not always be the case.) I think we're keeping him.

Love,
KALEB

Kaleb's first peek at Colton.

Not sure why Josh gets the hug...he didn't do the hard work...

Kaleb loves to point at him!

Too sweet.

Trying to unswaddle Colton to get a better look.

The best part of the hospital, in Kaleb's opinion....the wheelchair.

Concerned?


Nope. Mischevious!

Woman's Hospital brought Kaleb a "sibling cake" to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! Seems like you had alot of fun writing in third person.